1 Million Dollars

Monday, December 1, 2014

Updated Millionaire Plan December 2014

We blown past $25,000 and now have $26,316 in our retirement accounts.  Our next goal is $32,200, only $5884 to go!  I have no doubt that baring another Great Recession we will make that goal in 2015.  The goal I really want to focus on after that is my husband's full annual paycheck of $41,700.

Some of my longtime readers may remember that he just got the post-doc position which is paying such a lofty amount and in August of this year his income was just $26,000 as a grad student.  One great thing about being a young person is that your income can jump, but then it does make your savings look a little pitiful. But given our savings rate, if nothing goes wrong I think we can hit $41700 in 2015 too.  It may be a stretch but I think we can do it.  I'm making a few changes for 2015 because of what I learned being a full time student, employee and mom especially for the later half 2014 when my husband worked his post-doc job outside of the area.  These may streamline a few things and save us a couple dollars in the process.
What are your goals as we finish up 2014 and move into 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment