1 Million Dollars

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Making Applesauce for the First Time

This year our apple tree is dropping small apples that are ripe but a bit sour.  I don't want to waste them but the sour taste is not great.  But, I could fix the sour taste with sugar, I think.  So, I went to my favorite cooking blog, A year of Slow Cooking and looked for the applesauce recipe.  I found it here: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/09/crockpot-applesauce-recipe.html

So, as I sit here typing the slow cooker is cooking a bunch of apples into home made applesauce.   We had all the ingredients in our kitchen so we are getting an extra side dish for basically free.  Given that I want to stretch our food budget this is great!

 If it does not work, oh well, I tried.  If it does we have a whole new side dish that we can work in to our meals for extremely cheap.  You never know until you try.  So what has everyone else been trying new, to save money or otherwise?


No comments:

Post a Comment